Search This Blog

Sunday 7 November 2010

Margherita's experience


Helloooooooo!

My name is Margherita. I come from Italy, Napoli. I’m attending college, studying law, in Pisa. And then… I decided to come to Zambia as a volunteer!

Amazing experience!

Kafue is the most friendly place I’ve ever been.
And people working for Never Give Up league…They’re all enthusiastic volunteers, very open-minded, kind, active… I couldn’t have found better colleagues anywhere else! They taught me much about Africa, their country, their tribes, and I’m so grateful to all of them. I’m grateful to the children involved as well, for being so joyful. I worked very much, and I got exhausted, but I’m very very very very very happy about it.

But… which were my task, my role, my activities?
As Giorgia left, the project is now coordinated by local people: Mr Phiri, Mrs Kalunga, Mr Polomondo, Mr Tembo, Mr Cheelo, Mr Hawana, Mrs Chwele, Mr Farao, are the Executive Committee office bearers.
They established a new association: NEW SPORTS HORIZONS. Meaning just what we always say: Never Give Up league is a new way of using and enjoying sport, for the goals of development, education, health care, and whatever is included in Millennium Development Goals.
My task is just to assist them, as external cooperating member, in this new project! And so, we worked everyday together to organize the teams, to decide about the activities to be held, to register the association, and to strengthen its network of supporters and assistants. We also developed a new Constitution for the association, introducing some innovations to its management and structure.

Now… I’ ve just left.
I can just say: GOOD LUCK AND GOOD JOB TO ALL OF YOU!
I’ll miss you! But now I know that Africa… is such a good place to be enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment